SMT Machine Operator
To operate assembly machines. Monitors quality levels on all machines in assigned area.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Load material into feeders and machines per the engineering load chart.
• Operate assembly equipment in assigned area.
• Perform first article approvals.
• Use inspection & measurement equipment (such as 10x lamps, 7x-30x microscopes, laser section microscope) to monitor quality levels and record data on SPC charts.
• Log product data for efficiency or quality reporting.
• Identify/correct machine problems and/or report them to the technician for resolution.
• Inspect solder joint and component mounting using the naked eye and/or magnification.
• Assist (or fill in for) the setup operator as required
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
• Work cohesively in a team environment
• Adhere to all company and departmental procedures
• Ensure work area is neat and clean and in a safe condition at all times
• Other tasks as assigned by Supervision and Management
• Able to operate various automated assembly equipment
• Basic Math (add/subtract, multiply/divide, decimals)
• Reading comprehension
• Ability to utilize PC to support work
• Vision to support level of detail and quality required
• Able to read/comprehend various paperwork (ie, ECN’s, load charts, prints, etc.)
• Mechanical abilities and various tool familiarity
• Problem solving skills
• Able to work independently
TYPE AND DEGREE OF COMMUNICATION:
• Good oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers to solve problems and relay pertinent information on a regular basis
• Lifting of up to forty pounds
• Time spent on production floor
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
• Safety glasses are required in production area.
• Apron, sleeves, and gloves are required for screen printing position.
To Apply for the SMT Machine Operator position, Please fill out our Application for Employment