To supervise departmental activities to meet quality, efficiency and delivery objectives.
To maintain adherence to all company policies and procedures
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assign work to operators and equipment to meet production requirements.
• Collect and monitor productivity data from the operators for submission to the production manager. Take action to improve efficiency as required.
• Assure product quality is maintained through adherence to process and product documentation and procedures.
• Collect and Monitor defect data from operators for submission to Q.A.
• Assure accurate and timely implementation of engineering changes as required on product, programs and assembly aids as notified by engineering.
• Interface with other departments to quickly resolve manufacturing problems and implement required corrective action as necessary as related to delivery, quality, engineering and materials.
• Fill in for set-up as necessary to maintain production processes, train employees and build or inspect product.
• Order and obtain production supplies and tools.
• Recommend improvements and corrective actions to the production manager on all aspects of production quality, quantity and departmental environment.
• Control material within department during production. Order and obtain shortages. Submit non-conforming material to MRB.
• Train department employees to operating procedures and maintain training status of all department employees.
• Enter work-in-process into the MIS to update and maintain accurate product status and inventory.
• Implement ECN’S and maintain MPI files within the department.
• Disposition quality rejections with the Process Engineer and develop/implement corrective action as required.
• Responsible for performance reporting as required (such as weekly activity reports).
• Communicate and enforce company policies and procedures (through daily activities and participation in the evaluation process) regarding safety, benefits, attendance, housekeeping, morale, and general performance. Maintain accurate files on each employee’s performance.
• Serve on Safety Committee, perform monthly safety audits and report to Safety Supervisor.
• Responsible for continuously checking for unsafe conditions and work practices within the department. Take corrective action or report unsafe conditions/practices to manager.
• Make certain that all personnel have, use and understand the required personal protective equipment necessary to perform their job.
• Required to work overtime when needed.
• Associates degree in business or a related field, or a commensurate level of related experience
• 3-5 years specifically related experience
• Organizational skills
• Ability to be innovative, creative, and strong problem solving skills a must
• Able to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of condition and constraints
• Ability to prioritize effectively
• Planning, organizing, motivational skills
TYPE AND DEGREE OF COMMUNICATION:
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
• Able to effectively present ideas to management
• Directly responsible for motivating personnel, morale, production, and quality in the department
• Provide training, guidance, support and direction to subordinate personnel
• Supervises 25-50 direct labor employees
• Majority of time spent on the production floor assisting personnel
• Balance to time spent on record keeping and actual hands on production when necessary
SAFETY EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
• Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas of the production
• When filling in for operators safety requirements for that position must be observed