Perform routine, repetitive type assembly operations involving simple work sequence. Exercise care in assembly, low level allotment or adjusting operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Install mechanical components on upper level finish product per the assembly visual aid
• Use power driver or other mechanical assembly tools to insert screws or similar hardware
• Use of mechanical assembly fixtures or other aids where manual dexterity may be needed.
• Drive manual or electric fork trucks as needed.
• Inspect previously installed components for presence and polarity using the naked eye
• Log output of finished units for efficiency and quality reporting
• Assemble components to PCB per assembly visual aids using pop riveters, torque drivers, and other hand held or air tools
• Assembly of product for upper assembly using mechanical parts, plastics, metals, LCD’s, and other peripherals on an assembly line.
• Continuous lifting of no more than 20 lbs.
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
• Use thermal compounds, RTV, silicones, masking or their related product in the assembly of PCB's
• Some basic testing on go/no go test sets.
• Work cohesively in a team environment
• Assist in the training of other employees in the duties of manual assembly
• Adhere to all company and departmental procedures
• Ensure work area is neat, clean, and in a safe condition at all times
• Report any accidents or unsafe conditions to Supervisor
• Basic math (add/subtract, multiply/divide, decimals)
• Reading Comprehension
• Ability to identify color coded parts and documentation
• Manual dexterity
• Vision corrected to 20/20
• Ability to operate hand and power tools
TYPE AND DEGREE OF COMMUNICATION:
• Good oral communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
• Work is performed in close proximity to others
• Majority of time is spent in sitting position
• Some lifting, occasionally than 25 lbs
• Safety shoes may be required.
To Apply for the Mechanical Assembler Position, Please fill out our Application for Employment