TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Purchasing Manager
Procure standard “off the shelf” material and/or supplies considering price, quality, delivery, and supplier reliability through understanding of company needs and knowledge of relevant markets and products. Intensive clerical effort in creating and managing reports to expedite open orders.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare and issue requests for quotations, evaluate responses, conduct price analysis, and recommend or select a satisfactory source
• Provide required materials, good and services by issuing purchase orders to reliable sources of supply
• Assure delivery of purchases in a timely manner through follow-up on all purchase orders, expediting delivery when necessary, and investigating any delays or problems related to a purchase order
• Maintain cooperative vendor relations by meeting with sales representatives and retaining open and direct lines of communication
• Keep operations personnel supervisor aware of available products, new product developments, and most suitable supplier of required materials by collecting and maintaining literature files, and other data on sources, prices, and specifications
• Track delivery schedule, reliability and the performance of suppliers through maintenance of accurate files related to purchases, analyzing receiving reports, and accounts payable records. Also, compare initial purchase agreements and procurement specifications with suppliers performance
• Strive to achieve corporate and departmental objectives
• Process OE’s and OC’s and update system as required
• Freedom Act:
What to buy is predetermined.
The price to be paid and the supplier to be contacted is usually
available from purchasing records; so most purchases by the buyer
are standard off-the-shelf items. Some negotiation may be required
to obtain the required materials with in particular time-frame.
• Communicate and maintain PO schedules and schedule changes with suppliers (and customers for consigned material) based on buyer direction and MRP requirements.
• Expedite incoming material through Receiving, ESR, NCMR, and stores.
• Order expensed supplies and materials based upon approved requisitions as required.
• Enter changes and updates to the promised due dates of material in the MIS system based on supplier feedback.
• Action Outside Service Messages from MRP weekly.
• Review production schedules, pre-pull listings, shortage listings, and open purchase order reports on a daily basis to identify shortages that have the potential to stop production. If delivery issues are identified’ to search out potential solutions and present them to Buyers and/or Production for resolution.
• Initiate Order Changes to change production schedule based on material constraints, as directed by the Senior Buyers or Purchasing Manager.
• Assist production on material flow issues (i.e. ECN changes, shortages, material transfers, shipment upgrades to meet production schedules) as required.
• Inform and action receiving quantity discrepancies with vendors.
• Assist Finance on resolving invoice discrepancies related to PO receipts.
• Assist Finance with communication to suppliers regarding payments, as required.
• Communicate upcoming supplier COD, CIA and Prepay shipments to Finance for action.
• Adhere to all company and departmental policies and procedures
• Ensure work area is neat, clean and in safe condition at all times
• Report any accidents or unsafe conditions to Supervisor
The above duties may be supplemented occasionally with other job duties and/or assignments related to career or personal development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical or equivalent experience in procurement
• Exposure to manufacturing processes or general industrial operations is helpful
• Substantial proficiency with MS Excel
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
TYPE & DEGREE OF COMMUNICATION:
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Able to communicate with vendors, customers, and internal departments when required
• Office environment
• No health hazard involved. Some exposure to injuries such as bruises, etc. Exposure to serious health hazard not likely.